Friday, December 14, 2007

Our Trip To East Texas

This weekend Mark and I are taking a journey. We're going to visit my birth mother, Donna, and meet my two half sisters Christy and Connie. I have never met my sisters before, so I was mostly nervous about that. I've met Donna once before, a few years back when she came to San Antonio.


The first leg is done. We drove 6 hours to the little town of Gilmer Texas. Population approximately 4000. We were supposed to stay at Gilmer's Executive Inn. Let me begin by saying that this is the most depressing motel anywhere. We checked in, went to our room, and quickly discovered that the heat wasn't working. Did I mention it was 40 degrees outside? We asked for a new room and they gave us the one next door. Great! This room had snails crawling in the bathtub and dirt all over the bathroom floor. Mark just sat on the edge of the horrible bed with his coat still on while we tried to figure out what to do next. Christy recommended the Holiday Inn Express in Longview (20 miles away), which is where we are now. For those traveling to Longview in the future, I highly recommend he Holiday Inn Express. We have a king "suite" for $99 per night with free breakfast. The hotel in Gilmer was $55 per night with free fleas and bedbugs probably.

We had dinner tonight with Donna, Connie, Chrisy, Christy's daughter and husband Holly and Jimmy. We had great BBQ and nice conversation.

Tomorrow we are going to get together with alot more people. I'll update




right to left: Holly, Jimmy, Connie, Trent, Christy and Donna













Mark and Donna












"Baby"

1 comment:

Barbara said...

That's really great. I'm glad that you're going to have the opportunity to get to know them.