Saturday, September 20, 2008

Jazz'SAlive concert

Tonight we went to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack (thanks mom and dad) and then to the Jazz'SAlive concert downtown. It's a free annual jazz festival which is very popular and always packed. Tonight we saw Dave Brubeck, who looks about 150 years old, but he still sounds fantastic.

Mark enjoying his shrimp!!

Doesn't he look way too happy?

Dave Brubeck (in the white shirt) jammin' with his homies.

This is the view I had for much of the concert. This freakin' a-hole in front of us would not sit down. When the other people around us tried to help us out by hinting to him that he should sit down or move, he got upset and looked like he wanted to start a fight. We decided that it would be easier for us to find a new place to sit (which was NOT easy due to the amount of people there). I will never understand some people. He came all the way downtown and found a place in the middle of the SEATED crowd and decided to stand up and talk to his friends the whole time.

Tonight's experience confirmed some thoughts I've been having for several years now. I truly enjoy working with the public, both in the salon and in real estate. Interacting with people one-on-one or in small groups is very satisfying for me. But dealing with large groups, such as concerts or festivals is getting more and more irritating as I age. I wound up just being pissed off because people are talking and smoking and carrying on when they should be enjoying the performance in front of them. The one a-hole guy who was in front of us was smoking and flicking his ashes into this little girls hair and I was getting madder and madder. If he wasn't drunk and looking for trouble I probably would have said something to him.

THE END. now I'm going to bed

2 comments:

Barbara said...

How annoying! But at least you had a nice dinner. Did mom and dad, Darren and Nicole etc. and Jody and Jack go too?

Trent & Mark said...

No, it was just me and Mark. Dad had a gift card that he gave to me for doing some work for mom.