Friday, July 6, 2007

Lost Maples State Park

Today Mark and I took a day trip to Lost Maples State Park. It's a very pretty drive, especially since we've had so much rain. Everything is very green but there weren't many flowers blooming. =(

I posted all the pictures on my Kodak Easy Share website but I'm not sure who looks at that, so I put a few on here, PLUS a video of a very pretty crawdad I saw feeding in the stream.





Our friend Tricia said it looks really hot in the pictures, but actually it was a beautiful day. I'd say it was about 85 degrees outside and we were in partial shade most of the time.

You can click on any of the pictures below to get a better look. Press 'back' on your browser to return to the blog.

The tiny speck in the center of that big rock is Mark.
Me and Mark in the picnic area. The picture is a little slanted because I had to set the camera on the roof of the car =)

Ahh. puffy white clouds. A marked change from the abundance of dark, gloomy clouds we have had lately.

Mark taking a breather.
These are some teeny tiny mushrooms. They were about two centimeters high but with my macro-zoom they focused really well.
A happy lizard.
These two are pictures of some cool yellowish orange moss (or what I think is moss). The little buds are literally about 4 millimeters high but with the macro zoom I got them in focus. I've never seen anything like them. HMmmmmm


Mard taking another break. We took a long hike. This was the point where we turned around and headed back to the car.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

i wanted to ask what kind of camera you have. great photos

Barbara said...

I agree - the photos are great and it looks like a fun day. Thanks for sharing!