Monday, March 12, 2007

Daisy



Today was a relaxing day. I spent the bulk of the afternoon baking home-made dog snacks. I took this great picture of Daisy pretending she is a real daisy.

To bake your own homemade dog treats, here is a really simple recipe:
Preheat oven to 300.

1.5 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup wheat germ
1 egg
1 large jar of beef or chicken baby food. I used the Gerber step 3 baby food.

Mix and roll it out to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into squares or cut with a cookie cutter. Bake on baking sheet sprayed with Pam for 45 - 60 minutes. Let cool and keep in an air tight container.

The dogs like these alot. I tasted them and they dont taste that good to me, but then again i'm not a dog. You can find alot of recipes if you search for "dog treat recipes" on Google. Alot of them require alot of ingredients. I like this recipe because it doesn't take alot to make it.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Daisy is too cute. Midnight would be trying to eat her! :) Thanks for the recipe-- I'll try it!