Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Cowboy Up!

That's what they say at the rodeo when the cowboy gets on the bull. Apparently that's what I will be saying to Mark when he gets in his new truck. Yes, you heard me right. Tonight we bought a new truck. Mark got a silver Chevy Colorado Crew Cab. It's really sweet. I'm glad he finally bought something nice for himself. He's always buying me nice gifts but he never seems to get any substantial for himself.

We are going to the SA Rodeo next month. Mark surprised me tonight with tickets to see LeAnn Womack. We are also going to see Willie Nelson on a different night. Mark is going WAY cowboy on me but I sorta like it.

Lets compare.... today I surprised Mark by buying a new lamp for the living room, and he surprised me by buying a new truck. I think he won.

On other news we bought a new shed for the backyard which should be installed in a few weeks. It's a big one. 10 x 10 x 10. It's sort of barn-like. I'm going to build a work bench inside so I have a place to work on my little projects. It's going to be equipped with solar lights so I can do stuff at night if I want to. I'm pretty handy around the house. I like building and fixing things. Now we will actually have a guest bedroom instead of an indoor storage room. We have been discussing other home improvements but it's all so expensive that we might wait until next year before we do anything more invasive, like expanding our bedroom and adding a second bathroom.

How is everyone else doing??



I'll post a picture of Mark with his truck tomorrow....

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Very exciting-- a new truck, the rodeo, the shed, oh yeah, and a new lamp. That all sounds great. Enjoy it all -- you guys deserve it!

We're good - just getting back into the swing of things after a long break... school, activities (gearing up for the big play), and loads and loads of laundry. Midnight is happy to be home with us again.

Love, Barbara

Nicole said...

You buy the energy saver, he buys the gas guzzler :)